Research at SABS
We are proud about our faculty members who are currently pursuing PhD at various State Universities. With the abundant knowledge they possess, it is true that the students revitalize it from our faculty members & gain surplus knowledge.
With its motto "Quest for Knowledge", the Research Cell focuses to imbibe Research Culture among students and staff. Constant up gradation of knowledge is essential in academia. The Cell caters to arrange research oriented programmes to keep the research spirit going and to throw light on the latest updates in academics by inviting experts from various streams. Guest Lectures, Projects, Paper Presentations, Group Discussions are some of the activities that the Research Cell would lay its hands on. Students in association with the staff will be encouraged to take up mini projects with the seed money provided by the SET.
Code of Ethics
- In order to publish research papers in a qualified journal, a journal that is indexed in reputed agencies like Scopus, Web of Science, Elsevier, Science Direct, etc is chosen.
- Classification of Journals like National, International and with mere impact factor is not relevant. In order to avoid fake agencies, journals, the Research publication ethics and guidelines are circulated among the faculties and to the students who are interested in writing Research paper.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Identifying research misconduct. Eg: plagiarism – copying of ideas without permission.
- Piracy-exploitation of ideas without proper acknowledgement.
- Defamation-failure to observe legal norms.
- Sabotage- damaging college library properties.
- Abuse of intellectual property rights – failure to observe copyrights from authors.
List of Faculties pursuing research
Commerce & Management
PhD degree program in commerce is to prepare experienced business professionals to generate use and share knowledge about teaching- learning, human development and to collaborate with others to solve critical educational and human problems in a diverse global community. The program is designed to integrate field experience and academic study through vigorous coursework and research, allowing scholars continuously apply knowledge and skill in field setting and generate practical, relevant questions for issues needing further study.
|SL. No.||Faculty Name||Department|
|1||Prof. Jayaram R.||Commerce|
|2||Manjula V.||Commerce & Management|
|3||Padma Priya S.||Commerce|
|4||Chetana M. R.||Commerce & Management|
List of Faculties pursuing research
Ms. Manjula V.
- “Union-free Plant Paradigm Shift in 21st Century of India”, GE-INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT RESEARCH VOLUME – 2, Issue-8, August 2014, IF-3.142, ISSN: (2321-1709), Page No. 294 to 309
- “IMPACT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE: A STUDY AT SELECT ORGANISATIONS IN BENGALURU”, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH IN COMMERCE, ECONOMICS & MANAGEMENT, 32 - 36
- “Ethical Marketing” An article on “Ethical Marketing” .Convergences and Cross-Currents in Management and Information Technology’ – 2013.Proceedings of International Level Conference
PhD course aims to develop a dynamic researcher which enables them to adapt according to the ever changing needs in the field of computer science in the years to come. The competencies inculcated during the course can be transferred to other disciplines to enrich the content of various disciplines. Technology has become a need of the hour; it touches every sphere of human life in 21st century. Comprehending the knowledge of computers enables the researcher to adapt to ever changing nature in the field of computer science. The main objective of the program is to develop disciplined computer professionals to find out new areas for innovations and make them self-reliant.
|SL. No.||Faculty Name||Department|
|1||Dr. Rashmi S.||Computer Science|
|2||Dr. K. R. Viswa Jhananie||Computer Science|
PhD holders of the Computer Science Department
Dr. Rashmi S, Bangalore University
- “Summarization of Online Document Repositories”, Dr. M. Hanumanthappa, B R Prakash, Rashmi S , International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology Vol. 1 (02), 2012, ISSN 2278 – 0181. Presented the paper in M S Ramaiah College, Bangalore. On feb 20th and 21st 2014.
- “Word List Elimination- An approach to resolve grammatical inference associated with the Lesk algorithm- Small is Easy”, Dr. M Hanumanthappa, Rashmi S2, Mallamma V Reddy, National Conference on Emerging Trends and Challenges in Information Technology at St Francis De Sales College on 30/09/2014.
- “Metrics for evaluating phonetics machine translation in Natural Language Processing through Modified Edit Distance algorithm-A Naïve Approach”, Dr.M Hanumanthappa1, Rashmi S, Mallamma V Reddy, 2015 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI -2015), Jan. 08 – 10, 2015, Coimbatore, INDIA, IEEE Conference, Sri Shakthi Institute Published in: IEEE Xplore: Pages: 1 - 7, DOI: 10.1109/ICCCI.2015.7218113 http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/search/searchresult.jsp?queryText=Rashmi%20S,%20Hanumanthappa%20M&newsearch=true
- “A Performance Evaluation Of F-Measure For Syntactic Structure Of A Language Using HFSE Algorithm & Hashing Technique”, Dr.M Hanumanthappa, Rashmi S,Kavitha S, International Conference ICSNS 2015 on " Soft Computing and Network Security" on 25th 26th & 27th February 2015. SNS College, Coimbatore, IEEE conference.
- “Hidden Markov Model For Speech Recognition System-a Pilot Study And A Naive Approach For Speech-To-Text model”, Rashmi S, M Hanumanthappa, Mallamma V Reddy, Springer Publications organized by CSI, held at Bharati Vidyapeeth Education Complex, New Delhi on 2-5th December 2015.
- “A Survey on Data Mining Techniques for Image Grouping”, Rashmi S, Dr. M Hanumanthappa, Regina L Suganthi, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology Vol. 1 (02), 2012, ISSN 2278 – 0181 Impact factor:1.76.
- “ Processing of Natural Languages Semantically – A Detailed Survey”, Rashmi S, Dr. M Hanumanthappa,Regina L Suganthi, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT)ISSN: 2278 - 0181, Vol. 2 Issue 12, December- 2013 Impact factor:1.76.
- “Impact of Phonetics in Natural Language Processing: A Literature Survey”, Dr. M Hanumanthappa, Rashmi S, Jyothi N M, IJISET - International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering & Technology, Vol. 1 Issue 3, May 2014. www.ijiset.com ISSN 2348 – 7968.
- “Phonetic Transcription- A Framework for Phonetic Representation of Sound Structures”, Dr. M Hanumanthappa1, Rashmi S, Jyothi N M, International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES), Online ISSN: 2278-4721, Print ISSN: 2319-6483, vol. 4, issue 7(July 2014), Page 06-11.
- “Phonetic Dictionary for Natural Language Processing: Kannada”, Mallamma V. Reddy1, Hanumanthappa M. , Jyothi N.M, Rashmi S. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications www.ijera.com ISSN : 2248-9622, Vol. 4, Issue 7(Version 3), July 2014, pp.01-04 Impact factor:1.69.
- “Protection of Software as Intellectual Property”, CSI Communications Volume No.38 Issue No.8 ISSN 0970-647X November issue 2014, Rashmi S, Dr. M Hanumanthappa,Regina L Suganthi.
- “Language Identification: Contrivance Learning Process using Web Based Disquisition”, Rashmi S, Hanumanthappa M, Mallamma V Reddy, Volume 5, Issue 7, July 2015 ISSN: 2277 128X International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering Research Paper Available online at: www.ijarcsse.com Impact factor:2.5.
- “Password” M Hanumanthappa, Rashmi S, Regina L Suganthi, CSI Communication Volume No. 39, Issue 4, July 2015, ISSN 0970-647X.
Dr. Viswa Jhananie K R, Bharathiar University
- "Security Measure for Black hole Attack", Published a research paper on , "Security Measure for Black hole Attack" in EJSR, Vol 116, No - 2, pp- 230-236, December-2013.
- “Precheck algorithm with success rate table in handshake for detecting and removing gray and black hole attack in MANET”, Published a research paper on , “Precheck algorithm with success rate table in handshake for detecting and removing gray and black hole attack in MANET”, in IJCSIT, Vol-6(6),4936- 4940 2015
- “Prevention of black hole attack using improvised watchdog through data accumulation”, Published a research paper on “Prevention of black hole attack using improvised watchdog through data accumulation”, IJCSIT, 2015.
- “An Efficient Algorithm for Detecting and Removing Blackhole Attack for Secure Routing in Mobile Ad-hoc Network”, Published a research paper on, “An Efficient Algorithm for Detecting and Removing Blackhole Attack for Secure Routing in Mobile Ad-hoc Network”, IJAER, Vol-11, No-5, 3186-3191.
- “An approach to Black hole Attack”, Presented a Research Paper on “An approach to Black hole Attack” in the International Conference held in Don Bosco Institute Of Technology, Bangalore, 22-Feb- 2014. Proceedings are published in ACEEE.
- “A Secure Handshake Scheme For MANET using Variable Match”, Presented a Research Paper on “A Secure Handshake Scheme For MANET using Variable Match” in the International Conference held in NITTE Meenakshi College of Technology, Bangalore, 02-Aug- 2014. Proceedings are published in ELSEVIER.
|SL. No.||Faculty Name||Department||Research Area||Topics||Year of Registration||Papers published|
|1||Roopashree U.||English||Indian English Literature||Food as Metaphor in Indian English Literature||2015|
The frontier of cyberspace has certainly attracted the attention of people and no issue has been treated more extensively than intellectual property protection. IPR refers to creations of the minds, literary and artistic works, symbols, names and images. IP includes patents for inventions, trademarks, industrial designs and geographical indications. It is driven by creativity and innovation, which needs to be protected and channelized for better use in future. Enhancing the protection of IPR beyond the Trade-Related aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (Trips), the India government has announced an IPR policy that is in compliance with global norms. These rights may be enforced by a court via a lawsuit. The reasoning for Intellectual Property is to encourage innovation without the fear that competitor will steal the idea and/ or take the credit for it.
Details of IPR sessions
|1||19-4-2018||Workshop on IPR-Introduction and Overview|
|2||20-3-2017||Workshop on IPR-Copyrights|
|3||22-3-2016||Workshop on IPR-Plagiarism|
|4||3-3-2015||Guest lecture on IPR-Patents|
|5||14-9-2013||Guest lecture on Intellectual Property Rights|