Library - About Us
The SABS College Library has been emerging as a Knowledge Resource Centre mainly catering to the needs of the Faculty, Research Scholars and Students towards accessing information. The Library has a spacious and easily accessible area in the library is housed in a hall with good infrastructure and ambience. There is a regular subscription to leading Newspapers, Magazines and Journals thereby augmenting the library as a rich source of knowledge. The feedbacks from users of the Library testify that they have always cherished memories of having availed the services of this treasure-house of knowledge in the past decades.
To provide a Student- centred comprehensive learning through creative exploration with intellectual growth.
Library provides and supports students in accessing the information, encouraging them to know their inbuilt skills and providing a platform for the future leaders of the country by inculcating moral values.
Library - Working Hours
|On Working Day||Monday-Saturday||8:00 am to 3:30 pm|
|During Examination||Monday-Saturday||8:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|During Vacation||Monday-Saturday||9:00 am to 3:00 pm|
Classification – Dewy Decimal Classification (DDC)
Cataloguing – Anglo American Cataloguing Rules (AACR 2)
Provision of Web OPAC Information management – Easylib Software
Circulation Management - Bar coded user cards & Books
Renewals are allowed only when there is no claim by others. No phone renewal please. Bring the book to be renewed to the Library and get the due date stamped.
Code of Conducting or Rules and Regulation of the Library
- All the current Students and Staff of the College are members of the Library. They are expected to observe strict silence in the Library.
- On working days, the College Library will remain open from 8:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. (without any break)
- The Library Follows Open Access System.
- Users are to put their signature in the Gate entry register.
- Over coats, bags, etc.., and similar personal belongings shall be deposited in the property counter located in the Library premises
- Users are not allowed to carry their Books, bags, etc., inside the library.
- Personal papers & non-library materials should not be left on tables.
- Students may borrow 3 books from the Library and another 8 books from the Book Bank Book.
- Students should immediately report to the Librarian of any damaged to books, when they come across any. Otherwise they will be held responsible for the damage of the books and the cost of the books will be recovered from them.
- Loss of ID Cards/damage in the barcode stickers are to be reported immediately.
- Students may keep books for fourteen days from the date of issue. If the book is not returned on or before the due date a fine of 1.00 Rupee per day (including holidays) will be levied. Books due on holidays must be returned (to avoid fine amount) on the following working day
- The Librarian has the authority to call back any book for return, at any time even before the due date.
- “No-dues certificate” will be issued at the time of leaving the institution only on return of all the materials borrowed and payment of overdue charges made, if any.
- Students will not be allowed to charge their laptops, mobile phones inside the library.
- No group discussions will be permitted inside the library.
- Use of Cellular phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- Students shall show the books and other materials which are being taken out from the library to the library staff at the entrance counter.
- Library premises are under CCTV Surveillances.
- Library will not be held responsible for any kind of Loss / Damage of personal belongings.
- Book Circulation Service
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facility / Catalogue
- Current Awareness Service
- Journal and Magazine Section
- Newspaper-clippings Service
- Free Internet facility Question Bank Services
- E-Resources – INFLIBNET
- Projects for Reference
Library Staff Members
Mr. Ravi Kumar M. M.L.I.Sc., M.Phil. - Librarian
Support Staff Members
Mrs. Savitha S –Library Assistant
Mr. Ravi. M
|1||Total No. of Books||10138|
|2||Total No. of Title||2750|
|3||Total No. of Text Books in Book-Bank Section||14065|
|4||Total No of Reference and Other Books||1750|
|5||Total No of Competitive Exam Books||200|
|6||Total No of Back Issues||100|
|7||Total No of News Papers||15|
|8||Total No of Journals/Periodicals||25|
|9||Total No of CD's||50|
|10||E-resources (INFLIBNET –NLIST)||01|
Career Guidance Services
- Subscription to more Magazines for Competitive Exams
- More reference books on UGC NET / SET/ SLET Exams
- Procurement of more collections in Motivation and Cracking
- Entrance Exams like GMAT, MBA, MCA etc.
- Book Bank Book (Our library has Book Bank facility with a good collection of books that serves the deserving students)
- INFLIBNET (which provides access to e-books, e-journals, articles and digital resources)
- The Library is a Wi-Fi enabled place, where the staff & students can access.
- CCTV surveillance for added security and for automated monitoring of users.
- Drinking water facility available in the library premises.
|List of National and International Journals for the year 2017-18|
|Sl.No||Journals and Periodicals|
|1||International Journal of Marketing and Business Communication|
|2||International Journal of Financial Management|
|3||International Journal of Information Studies|
|4||International Journal of Web Applications|
|5||Prab Indian Journal of Management|
|6||Journals of Entrepreneurship|
|7||IIMB Management Review|
|9||Strategic H R Management|
|10||Indian Journal of Marketing|
|11||Indian Journal of Finance|
|12||Financial Planning Journals|
|18||Journal of Computer Science|
|20||The Indian Banker|
|22||Electronic for You|
|23||Open Source for you|
Journals, Magazines, Project Reports, Newspapers are not issued to students and faculty.
List of Magazines and News Paper for the year 2017-18
|1||The week||1||Deccan Herald|
|2||Business World||2||Indian Express|
|3||Out Look Business||3||The Economic Times|
|4||Spardha Spoorti||4||Business Standard|
|5||Nimma Spardha Vijetha||5||Times of India|
|6||Spardha Jagattu||6||Business Line|
|7||Competition Vision||7||Bangalore Mirror|
|8||C S R||8||The Hindu|
|9||Employment News (K)||9||Prajavani|
|10||Employment News (E)||10||Samyuktha Karnataka|
|11||Front Line||11||Udaya Vani|
|12||Out look||12||Kannada Prabha|
|13||India Today||13||Vijaya Karnataka|
|14||The week||14||Vijaya Vani|
|15||Woman’s Era||15||Rajasthan Patrika|
The online public access catalogue (OPAC) has been facilitated to the students, faculty and library staff. The OPAC is accessible in the college campus & library premises the system includes a word based search using Boolean operators that can narrow down a search to meet very specific needs. Additional feature of this system are periodic list of recent additions to the library the members can find the materials checked out to them and reserve materials.
E-resource management pages for E-Journals:
The E-Journals N-List, DOAJ, Academic, Journals, DOAT, Database are acceded through the internet. However, we are planning to have the E-Resource Management package for E-Journals.
Federated searching tools to search articles in multiple databases:
The online journals & database, we subscribe & open access resources, are accessed by logging on to their websites however we use Meta Search engines like ‘all the web’, MAA etc., in catering the information.
The Library is presence on our college website (www.sabs.ac.in) in sufficiently covered as one of the main menus, following Library feature are covered in the website.
Remote access to E-Publications:
The E-resources like online journals and online database are accessed remotely by the faculty. The access to such e-resources as well as the students and faculty in the library
The library is fully automated with Easylib software services are:
- Catalogue and Accessioning
- Digital Library
- In/Out Entry
Links to Open Access Sources
- Directory of Open Access Journals DOAJ
- Directory of Open Access Repositories
- Directory of Open Access Books
- RePEc (Research Paper in Economics)
- OAPEN Library
- JISC (Joint Information System Committee
- Bnet: online magazine dedicated to issues of business management
- Public Library of Science
- Intec Open Access Publisher
- Indian Academy of Science
- Google Scholar
- Microsoft Academic Search
- Open Access journal Search Engine